Your Duke of Edinburgh's Award Expedition starts here...
Experience. Enjoy. Achieve.
An exciting element of achieving your DofE Award is the Expedition section. This section offers challenging outdoor opportunities, but can also be the most fun and rewarding part of your DofE programme. There are many possibilities and outcomes for this section and you will gain a tremendous sense of achievement in planning and fulfilling your own unaccompanied journey, away from home.
As an Approved Activity Provider (AAP), RAW Adventures can deliver Bronze, Silver and Gold level trekking on foot Expedition packages – inclusive of quality training, practice and qualifying expeditions. We are based in the wild country of Snowdonia, North Wales but can also deliver Expedition programmes elsewhere.
We have an excellent knowledge of our beautiful UK countryside and wild country. This makes our Bronze, Silver and Gold expeditions really stand out...
Plan for exciting Expedition opportunities in stunning environments!
We include an essential element of training with every Expedition package, covering the Expedition Training Framework in a practical and accessible way. We promise to help you understand and embrace the knowledge and skills required to successfully command your own expeditions. Much emphasis is placed on building confidence in decision making, route planning and navigation and dealing with unplanned incidents.
As well as making sure you are tuned into supporting group dynamics, keeping healthy and eating and sleeping well in the outdoors.
While out on expedition, RAW Adventures operates a 24 hour contact service that participants and appropriate staff can use if necessary. We believe in fully supporting the condition of being unaccompanied and self-sufficient on expedition, but your safety and well-being is of the utmost importance to us.
We care about your DofE journey.
Here’s what RAW Adventures will supply for your DofE Expedition section:
- Personal meeting at your location to discuss requirements and future plans
- Support to complete notification paperwork, statutory DofE administration, risk assessments and route planning
- Guidance on areas to operate in and advice on appropriate route selection
- Useful resources for Kit Lists, Food, Health and Hygiene, Route Planning, Emergency Procedures
- Fully qualified, experienced DofE Leaders, Supervisors and Accredited Assessors
- Valley campsite booking, payments and landowner liaison where required
- 2 x Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 maps per group
- 2 x Silva Ranger compasses per group
- Friendly advice and support throughout your Expedition programme
- Assessor Reports as required for Expedition section completion