Informed Consent / Liability Waiver
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activities of RAW Adventures Mountain Activities Ltd (RAW) and to use the facilities and equipment owned and/or under the control of RAW, in addition to the payment of any fee or charge, I do hereby waive, release and forever discharge RAW from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages resulting from my participation in any activities or my use of equipment or facilities in the above mentioned activities.
I understand and I am aware that mountain walking and outdoors activities are potentially hazardous activities. I also understand that mountain walking and outdoors activities can involve a risk of injury and even death, and that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment and facilities with the knowledge of the dangers involved. I hereby agree to expressly assume and accept all and any risks of injury or death. I am aware that I have the right to request advice from any of the RAW Leaders, at any time, in relation to the activities being undertaken and, but not exclusively, their suitability for me, with particular regard to my health and clothing.
If I choose not to take advice, or to disregard any advice so given, I do so voluntarily and accept liability for all resulting injuries or damage. I do hereby declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease or infirmity or other illness (other than those declared on the attached medical questionnaire) that would prevent my participation or use of equipment or facilities except as herein stated. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my doctor’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in activity and use of equipment without the approval of my doctor and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, and utilisation of equipment in my activities.
In addition RAW cannot accept responsibility for valuables left in Leaders’ vehicles.
I consent to my personal contact details (name and phone number/s) to be circulated to the appropriate leader/staff team within RAW. I also consent to the contact details of my Next of Kin (name and phone number/s) to be used by the appropriate leader/staff team within RAW if necessary.
Booking Terms and Conditions
I have read, acknowledge and accept the Booking Terms and Conditions and Informed Consent/Liability Waiver as set out in this document:
1. The event is operated by RAW Adventures Mountain Activities Ltd (RAW). Our head office is at Caban Cyf, Brynrefail, nr Llanberis, Gwynedd, LL55 3NR. Company Registration 07170551. Our VAT Registration is GB 213 4194 39.
2. To make a firm booking you must complete and sign the Booking Form, complete with answers to all questions. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of total cost is payable upon booking. The remaining balance is due 6 weeks before departure date. In the event that the balance is not paid we will treat the booking as cancelled by you. These Booking Terms and Conditions only come into effect when your first payment (deposit or full payment) has been received and a receipt has been received by you. If the event is due to take place in less than 6 weeks, full payment is required.
BACS payments can be made to:
HSBC – RAW Adventures Mountain Activities Ltd
Sort Code: 40-31-06
3. CANCELLATION BY CLIENT (You)
All cancellations must be in writing or by email. You will be charged the following cancellation fees:
The cost of the deposit will not be returned plus 30% of the event cost
Full cost of the event if the event is due to take place within 6 weeks
If you would like to move your event to a different date then the event logistics/cost must remain the same and the new date must be within 6 months of the original date (this is only subject to RAW’s availability to re-schedule the event).
4. CANCELLATION BY RAW
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that planned events actually run, RAW will notify you of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the event activity. In the event of cancellation you will be offered the choice of the following options:
Full refund of the event fee paid
The exact same event on different dates or an alternative event but equal to monies paid
If an alternative date is offered, this date will be within 6 months of the original event date.
5. Advice is given on matters such as equipment selection, medical and fitness requirements but it remains the responsibility of the individual to make such necessary arrangements as advised.
6. By signing the Booking Form, you are agreeing to meet with our minimum Kit and Equipment requirements for safe participation in the event and the disclosure of all medical/health matters that could potentially affect your participation in the event in an adverse way.
7. Mountain and hill walking is an inherently hazardous activity. Whilst on your trip, you undertake to follow the instructions given to you by your leader. Their decisions are at all times final. If you do not follow the Leader’s instruction and your behaviour is considered to be dangerous, or irresponsible to yourself or the rest of the group, then you may be requested to leave the event, with no cost penalty to RAW.
8. Inherent in this event is the possibility that your clothing or equipment may suffer some damage. Equally you may experience minor injury (scratches, grazes, twisted ankles etc) and these minor injuries and property damage are sometimes an unavoidable outcome of the type of events that RAW operates.
9. Alterations in the event itinerary may be caused by rapidly changing weather patterns and environmental conditions or participant fitness. Hence minor alterations to the itinerary are common. At all times, your Leader will attempt to perform the event as faithfully as is reasonably possible. At all times, safe performance of the event is considered before completing the itinerary at any cost. The Leader’s decision is always final in this context.
10. You should be covered by Travel and Cancellation Insurance before joining the event. This is your responsibility to organise appropriate cover. Make sure that you are covered for activities included. RAW Leaders may request to see your insurance documents at any time.
11. RAW’s responsibility for you on the event begins at the designated Meet Point on your event itinerary. RAW takes no responsibility for getting you to the beginning of the event.
12. By signing the Booking Form, you consent to RAW using any media (including photographs and/or video footage) made of you during the event which may or may not encompass intellectual property rights belonging to you and that these images may be used by RAW for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites, marketing material and in the media. If you do not wish for your image to be used you must inform RAW, in writing, at the time of agreeing to these terms.
13. By signing the Booking Form, you consent to RAW using any media (including photographs and/or video footage) made of you during the event which may or may not encompass intellectual property rights belonging to you and that these images may be used by RAW for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites, marketing material and in the media. If you do not wish for your image to be used you must inform RAW, in writing, at the time of agreeing to these terms.
14. By signing the Booking Form you consent to your contact information being held by us. This information will not be passed on to third parties. RAW will use this information to keep in touch by newsletter and email.
15. By signing the Booking Form, you agree to the above set out Booking Terms and Conditions.