RAW Adventures prioritise your safety in our Risk Assessments and operations at all times. This ensures you have a safe and enjoyable day with us in the mountains.
Ross and Kate are Full and Probationary members, respectively, of the Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team and are very much aware of the likelihood and consequences of the risks we encounter in mountainous environments. This drives us to use a practical and sensible approach to safety at all times for both ourselves and our clients.
We draw on our varied personal and work experience, which encompasses operation in the mountains of Snowdonia, the Lake District and Scotland as well as other wild places in the UK and high altitude destinations overseas.
An element of identified risk is manageable. An elephant of risk is not!
We actively manage the safety of our operations in a number of ways:
- Regular reviews of formal Risk Assessments for all our activities to ensure they are relevant and include current best practice
- Consistently conducting dynamic Risk Assessments on events and not being afraid of changing plans if conditions or situations dictate
- Careful selection of experienced National Governing Body award qualified staff who are current in their CPD and ideally members of the Mountain Training Association and/or Association of Mountaineering Instructors
- We have been inspected by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service (AALS), on behalf of the Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) to gain a licence for operating Hillwalking & Mountaineering, Rock Climbing and Abseiling for participants under 18
- We are an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the delivery of all aspects of the Expedition Section of the Duke of Edinburgh Award, up to Gold Level
- We request and provide detailed information to both clients and staff to ensure all parties are well informed prior to joining an event
- Asking for and acting upon any feedback given by clients and staff, especially regarding safety matters
- Choosing industry recommended and respected providers for insurance and legal advice
- We are committed to our own improvement and learning within the industry and take regular steps to refresh skills and embark on new training
- As individual members of The British Mountaineering Council (The BMC), we agree with and promote the education and understanding of the following Participation Statement from The BMC’s Mission Statements: